View Single Post
Hopefully I can explain this properly, but is there a way to add padding below only the last row in a group? For example, I'm trying to get the padding in my outline to look like this:

LEVEL 1 ROW ITEM
-- level 2 row item
-- level 2 row item
-- level 2 row item
---- level 3 row item

[space here]

LEVEL 1 ROW ITEM
-- level 2 row item
-- level 2 row item
-- level 2 row item

[space here]

LEVEL 1 ROW ITEM
-- level 2 row item
-- level 2 row item
---- level 3 row item
-- level 2 row item

[space here]

etc.

In other words, I want to have groups of rows on their own island - each level 1 row together with the children rows (if that's the right term) and have space around each grouping.

I've tried the various padding options, and none seem to do what I want, so maybe I'm missing something obvious. "Row padding" pads on both sides of items, while I just want it below the last row in a grouping. "Above children" and "below children" don't seem to be doing much of anything, as best I can tell when trying different settings on different rows.

The best I've been able to do is apply 2.0 line spacing to the Level 1 Rows, and then just try to keep text in those rows from spilling onto a second line. I'd like greater padding, too. In OO 3, I was able to apply padding to just below specific rows. I can't find that option here. I'm using OO4 Professional. Thanks for any help.