View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Note that waiting for a sync might not be as painful as it sounds, either. You can set Mail.app to check for new mail as often as every minute, and OmniFocus will do a sync a minute after a change is made to the database. Forward yourself some new messages, take a two or three minute eyeball health break, then tap the sync button and you've probably got your new actions ready to go.
Thanks for the tip!

But I use a laptop, (+ mobile Me) it's not an 'always on' home computer. When I am on my iPhone typically the laptop is shut and off line.

So will this prevent the sync method as described above?

What I really need to be able to do is work on the phone while out of the office.

Otherwise out of the office I would be
reading emails
Know what I want to do with them (file them into OF, set up projects etc)
But would be unable to do it
would have to get back home...
Find email in my OF inbox (having emailed it there?)
Remember what I wanted to do with it..

So to me that seems like the OF app isn't fully featured and doesn't allow the same GTD work flow as the desktop version. I am not throwing rocks here, just trying to get things clear how I will work with it. I am very into the 'office in the back pocket' smartphone ethos so restrictions / 'you will have to do that when you get back to the office' doesn't come as good news to me. (and I have been round the block more than a few times with most of the task apps out there - believe me..!)

Please keep the work around suggestions coming as I am keen to get this to work for me.

The vibe is positive. :)

With the new 'hooks' available to app developers in 3.0 do you power users out there think Omni wil be able to close the gap between the desktop functionality and the phone app?

Should we expect an updated OF when 3.0 goes live?

Last edited by Casper TFG; 2009-04-22 at 01:25 AM..