View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastork View Post
What do you have to do to get attachments on the Mac OmniFocus to sync to the iPad OmniFocus? I sync over my local network (Bonjour), and I don't see any of the word docs I've attached to items on the iPad. (I attach files by selecting the OF item and choosing "attach file" on the Mac side -- do you mean something else when you say "embed")
At the bottom of the dialog box you get when doing Attach File... is a pair of radio buttons. One button (the default) creates a link to the file (essentially just recording the pathname to the file). The other button actually embeds the file in the database. Only the option that embeds the file is useful if you need the file sent along. The iPad can't do anything with the pathname to the file's location on your Mac...

Note that even if you do embed the file in your database, it isn't really smooth sailing, depending on your intentions for the file. About all that you can easily do is view the attached document. If you want to edit it, your changes are probably not going to get embedded back in the database copy of the file. So, for read-only reference material, it's workable, but that's about it. What works somewhat better is using another application (I use DevonThink Office Pro) which will give a link that can be opened either on the Mac or the iPad. I put the link in the OmniFocus note field, and let DTOP sync the actual document back and forth.