View Single Post
I have to agree here! I think $20 for the App is fine.

Of course - who wouldn't want to get the OF iPhone app for free?! But if I look at the amount of times I use this in relation to it's cost, it completely justifies the price point. For me OF iPhone is right up there in terms of usage next to email, phoning, SMS and maps. And don't forget: All the updates (so far) have been for free, with a lot of work going into each one!

It may sound wise from a marketing perspective to create a bundle, to encourage users of either version to buy the other as well, but I guess most users who have a Mac would buy both the Mac & iPhone version anyway - so why 'lose' money here...

I would only appreciate if the Omni-people could shift their focus to the Mac side again. They've been doing great work on the iPhone App - I would love to finally see 1.8 or even 2.0 for the Mac with tagging.

I'm just so glad the iPad will pretty much be able to use the iPhone version of OF (curious to see how that will look with the resolution). Otherwise Omni might have had to employ another developer to keep things timely :P

Ciao, Robert