View Single Post
Thanks.

Yeah, reducing distraction is part of the simplifying mantra.I used to subscribe to hundreds of podcasts, RSS feeds, magazines (via US Mail), and e-mail lists.

Over time, I eliminated podcasts that were interesting at first but then I found myself just wanting to finish an episode without actually listening to it.

I also took a look at all the RSS feeds and eliminated the ones that I really never read.

The same thing happened with the various Google groups and Yahoo! groups. I just deleted my time-wasters. If I wasn't going to read it, why bother letting it sit inside your inbox?

I eliminated a lot of magazine subscriptions that just sat in the bathroom. I switched to Flipboard to subscribe to a lot of the magazine RSS feeds. But even then, I would be more picky about what news feeds I subscribed to.

Keeping your OmniFocus database manageable is an essential part of the system. If you don't refresh it by tossing out the garbage, you'll never trust that list. You'll always be worried that a project is lingering in the background when you know you should just drop it.