Thread: iRider
View Single Post
Btw, I should have said that iRider has/had a lot of nice ideas in it (including being the first browser to feature graphical tabs as far as I am aware), but their implementation could perhaps be better. I like the idea of a collapsible hierarchy of tabs (especially for e.g. a forum) but I suspect its usability would not actually be that great in practice. Note, I'm speaking as someone who uses Firefox with Tab Mix Plus every day on my PC at work, which gives you the option to open tabs next to the parent rather than last in the list (and jump back to the parent when you close the child). It is definitely preferable to having the tab always open at the end of the list for 90% of things, but it actually is quite annoying when all you want to do is open a tab for a totally unrelated site to the ones you are in the middle of, where it would be preferable to open it at the very end of the list.

One other concept that I would like to see carried over from iRider (which did make it into TMP) is the ability to "pin" or "protect" tabs so that you can't close them by accident.