View Single Post
I'm really sorry for the trouble this is causing! It sounds like the iPhone OS upgrade nuked your OmniFocus data, which isn't supposed to happen - that's definitely not normal, but apologies nonetheless.

Based on what you're describing, my guess - and this is only a guess - is that there's a typo in the user name or password for your swissdisk login, and OmniFocus is stuck in a loop using the bad login info.

I think there's an easier way to un-stick things - the support ninjas would know for sure - but I believe the following steps should resolve it as well.

In OmniFocus' settings screen, scroll down to the sync settings.
Tap "advanced", then enter "http://demo.omnigroup.com" into the "Location" field.
Tap "Done", then tap the sync button.

Your phone will attempt to contact our server for a sync; we'll prompt the phone to ask you for a new login and password.

Type in random gibberish for the user name and password - the point here is that we want our server to send you a 'bad password' response. (Do not type in the user name and password of the account you're actually trying to sync with; we could read that data.)

In any case, when the password sheet comes down a second time, tap "Cancel".
Switch the sync settings back to their normal values and start a sync.

You will be asked for the user name and password; you can now enter the new info you want OmniFocus to use.

Please do me a favor and contact the support ninjas about this, even if the above fixes the problem for you; there's a feature request I'd like to attach your email to. (And if I guessed wrong about what's causing your problem, they'll be able to get you back up and running.)

Last edited by Brian; 2008-12-10 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: correct a typo