View Single Post
Well I've just gone through my entire library and removed all the due dates and set Defer Until dates to give it a try. It doesn't work the way I would want, in fact its a pretty boring way of working and I would miss lots of actions due to it being completely drab and boring and not as visual as when using due dates.

I'd need the "Start" dates to work as Due dates do now, which sort of defeats the use of them as a a defer until. Defer removes them from view as they are tasks you can't accomplish yet. However in forecast I would want actually them jumping on my radar before this point. At this point I'd want the action highlighting in colour in the forecast view, because its available in the next 3 days. Actions which have gone past their start date would then need to be colour coded in some other way, but maybe not in red as they aren't technically overdue until they pass a Due Date.

Start within the next x days = GREEN
past start date but not Due = ORANGE
past Due = RED

In forecast I would want all previously deferred tasks which have now passed their start dates to be showing under TODAY, highlighted in GREEN to indicate actions to start today and ORANGE for ones I should already be working on. RED would show me my overdues and therefore higher priority tasks.

Tomorrow all the previously available uncompleted actions would move to tomorrows tab in the forecast, coloured orange, unless they had become overdue by going past a DUE date. Items newly available i.e. those which only become available tomorrow would again appear in Green,
Tasks due to start in the following x days would also be showing in green on their start days.

I guess in Project or Context Mode unlike Forecast mode. The Red Amber Green highlights should now only show for available tasks only. Green for start today, amber for ongoing and red for overdue. Unavailable tasks would need to stay greyed out here. Unless a new colour was introduced for starting within a given number of days.