View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie
I agree completely with Curt here, as I think I mentioned on another thread back in May or June. Autocompletion is, I think, a recipe for disaster except for those who plan every step of a project-like entity (which is, for better or worse, what an action group is). Since, as Curt pointed out earlier in this thread, you can assign contexts to action groups, why not have the group appear in its context once all the actions assigned to it are done? If it is truly done, you can just check it off to get rid of it.

Life Balance does this, and I thought it is one of the more elegant touches in that application.
I for one don't use the "default context" feature with action groups. (If the actions that follow would all have the same context, chances are pretty good I would just make them one action - "look up address, directions, and hours for frame shop" as one @web action, not three.) For that reason, I'd be happy if the context assigned to the action group heading defined not the default context for the subactions, but rather the context in which it should appear to verify that it's done (if OmniFocus goes that route).

Not only would that mean losing a feature I never use - it would also intuitively feel more right, since what you're assigning to the action group in the context column is the same kind of thing that you assign to individual actions in that same place.

Do the rest of you find the default context setting for action groups useful?