View Single Post
I agree with the assessment of other task/project aps out there. Entourage is particularly kludgy.

I too would like to be able to see just the next task of my highest priority projects, and I also don't like it when my list of project tasks moves everything way down the page. However, I don't think a multiple column view is the only way to go.

If I had an outline list of my projects, and an easy way to display just the next action (or maybe actions) for each project - I'd be pretty happy. The key for me would be having a very easy interface to see different views of the outline: only next actions, only incomplete actions, all actions, etc. It sounds to me like Focus is shaping up to have something along these lines.

That said, it would be interesting, in both OO and what I imagine Focus to be, to be able to toggle back and forth between vertical and horizontal displays of an outline. But this would eaily be just an, "interesting" but not so "useful" item and is probably a different topic entirely.