View Single Post
This is something I struggle with, and though I think it would a great option for people to have, I don't think I would end up using it.

I'm not a fundie David Allenite, but isn't this a "hard landscape" issue? I mean to say, isn't a daily/weekly/monthly routine checklists that are do-or-die "brush your teeth" tasks in a strict cycle just more useful outside of your weekly reviewed task list, far away from the choices we're forced to make about how to use our time?

I'm an extremely disorganized person with a nearly infinitely flexible schedule, and I'm struggling to be a more efficient worker and taking GTD one step at a time. I found that when I moved my routine into the "sacred territory" where it belonged, my efficiency increased because required things (like "process inbox") no longer appeared in my optional list.

Again, I think this would be a great option for people who want it, and it's clearly a style question (i.e. people who want a do-it-all task manager). I guess my question is, for your maximum efficiency, what shouldn't go in OF?