View Single Post
I forgot I posted this in here. Now that I have an iPhone, I came to this forum disappointed in 'OmniFocus for iPhone.' You have to have some MobileMe or WebDAV to sync? Let me rephrase this. You would think you could hook your iPhone to your Mac, click on a 'Sync' button, and the OmniFocus on the Macintosh would load up the OmniFocus on the iPhone, right? Well, not yet, anyway. The current inability to set up syncing with a simple local connection should have been disclaimed explicitly, not left as a read-between-the-lines,-we-got-WebDAV-and-MobileMe-sync-support-but-didn't-mention-anything-about-a-simple-USB-cable thing.

Back on topic, I still think that those users of OF-on-Mac who do not own iPhones would like to have OF on their cell phone in some way, shape or form. But, you guys have done a good job touching on the development hurdles and resource commitment and such. Echoing nateswart, Google Gears may be a good horse to ride if/when it comes to ride a horse down that trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dconjar View Post
@BonafideBM: The 2.0 unlock kit for the iPhone is probably available by now. I know the 2.0 software was jailbroken before the new iPhone software was launched. I believe that it allows you to purchase iPhone applications from the App Store (like OF), but you don't need an AT&T contract. It's something to look into.[/URL]
Yeah, man. :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdToday View Post
Why would someone on this forum even ask a question about android here unless they were a troll, trying to prop up an initiative that is already doomed to fail?
Their Oughtta Be A Law: Read Before Replying