View Single Post
OK, I'm feeling like an idiot again--and this time about one of the simplest parts of the program.

Quick Entry.

1. ctrl-option-space. The Quick Entry window opens. Off to a good start.

2. I type out a task: Fix lightbulb. It's 6:38 a.m., but my MBP's keyboard lights up, so no problem. I can sorta see what I'm doing.

3. I tab over, type a few letters, and get Housekeeping. OK, sometime later I'll set up a Home Repair project bucket. No problem.

4. I tab over, type "Lo" and the program automatically pops up "Loft" for the context, realize I'm done, so I hit <enter>. And I hit <enter> again. And again.

I get nothing. I'm getting nowhere. The window is not closing. I might still be here tomorrow hitting <enter> over and over and getting nowhere. Not a comforting thought. Not productive in the least.

I try tabbing over to the next field and hitting <enter> there. No luck.

In this weird UI universe I'm now in (not my choice), Quick Entry is no longer that. It's the opposite of that. It's Slow Non-Entry (uh-oh, that sounds vaguely sexual, probably not appropriate for this forum).

Anyway, I finally hit the <Save> button (which worked, but required track pad thumb-to-eye coordination, not something I'm good at when half asleep).

Now I'm greatly perplexed, becase I remember reading once upon a time that our great OMNI team had fixed QE so that <enter> exited and saved, and <esc> cancelled.

Wha' happened?

--Sandy Santra