View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
We're not talking about contexts for projects, we're talking about default contexts for the actions in the projects. There's nothing counter to GTD in that. If you think there is, could you point me to a reference?
We are infact talking about assigning contexts to projects see Ken's post earlier in this thread.

"I think it might be more helpful to view the list as items that are actionable, and as such projects can appear in the list ready to be acted upon.

In such case, you either complete the project (action), drop the project (action), hold the project (action), or add an item to the project (action). So, it makes a perfect sense for the project to appear in the list for me to act on. . ."

That may be the case for you, but according to the GTD system "you can't do a project". The sample applies for "contacting" someone or "completing" something, those verbs don't work they aren't specific enough. I understand that the market for a powerful task manager is larger than the GTD faithful, but OmniFocus sought and has the blessing of the David Allen Company, because it is powerful flexible task manager that doesn't get in the way of the user. I'm offering my suggestions, because I love their products and the difference they've made in my ability to get things done. I would suggest they run this by their partners at the David Allen Co., and depending on their input consider including a preference to allow the user to automatically assign a context to a project when it's created, so they don't have to think about it if they so choose. Although this small change is far from a deal breaker for me, it does introduce a small amount of "unconscious resistance" which is the reason I rejected the other Mac based task managers.