View Single Post
Since nothing much has been changing in the sneaky peek builds on the Mac side lately, I've been skipping the last few updates. This morning, however, OmniFocus basically "expired" on me, forcing me to go visit the web page or RSS feed to download the latest sneaky peek.

In the process, I noticed that the RSS feed is actually about three weeks old -- the last version showing up in the feed is from March 2nd, and isn't even available for download any more. The web site had the latest version, so I was able to download that and proceed with no problems.

I'm also wondering why the app can't just download the latest update in this case using the normal update method rather than forcing me to visit the web site to get it? Obviously if I had not skipped the previous update yesterday it would have downloaded it automatically for me, however it doesn't seem to make much sense once I'm past the "expiry" date that I have to go out and get the latest build and install it manually rather than just being able to use the same auto-update process (perhaps with the "Skip" button greyed out).