View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiggles View Post
Yes. This is how I am using action groups too. Unfortunately, you cannot put action groups on hold as you can a project. IMHO it would be better if action groups could get the same funtionalities of projects.
You can set the start date on an action group to be in the future, and that offers much of the functionality without waiting months or years for Omni to implement something that I don't recall they have ever promised to deliver. The only drawback I've encountered with doing this vs. splitting it out as a separate project in a folder is that you lose some of the visibility (no view to just show pending action groups). I've found this to be more of a theoretical difficulty than a practical one, but YMMV. For me, the ease of coordinating action groups in a single project vs. coordinating related projects in a folder without actual dependancy linking provided by OF makes spending a little more time on the review worthwhile. Naturally, I'd like to have the best of both arrangements available :-)