View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyo View Post
There is quite a gap between GTD as written and the various software implementations

The interesting conclusion I reached using Omnifocus for iphone without having the mac is that this is the first time I have become aware that status is actually in parallel with context
There is quite a gap between GTD and various software implementations, but OF is the closest I've found.

I disagree with Status and Context being in parallel, it depends on the user/practitioner of GTD.

I see Contexts, Projects and Statuses (Statii?) as being three different views of the same data, almost in three dimensions with Contexts on the X axis, Projects on the Y and Statuses on the Z, but GTD doesn't.

Personally I'd like to see Omni add customisable metatags to allow users to build their own new dimensions into their data for usage and reporting, e.g. separate people from Contexts, allow importance to be tagged and allow tagging on projects and tasks into larger projects without them necessarily being in the same hierarchy.