View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
xmllint --format My.ofocus/contents.xml
it would be pretty easy to use XSL to transform it to whatever you have in mind (well, as "easy" as XSL gets, anyway).
I read the terminal manual on xmllint. Using the xml file from the Omnifocus.ofocus file I made through export, I ran the command "xmllint --format OmniFocus.ofocus/contents.xml" and received the error "warning: failed to load external entity "OmniFocus.ofocus/contents.xml".

So, I pulled out the xml file from the package, renamed it d.xml, and ran the command "xmllint --format d.xml". That resulted in an enormous amount of unreadable text, but with English alphanumeric characters and + signs at the start of most of the lines of text. I saved the file as a txt file. It is not in the indented format that is described in the terminal manual or that is typical of XML files.

I read the tutorial on how to use XSL to transform XML on the www.w3schools.com website. As I mentioned above, the file that resulted from the xmllint command does not look like the xml files shown there. Nonetheless, I tried using the FireFox browser to transform the file, which, of course, did not work, though viewing the source does produce a few recognizable English words in the sea of random-looking characters.

I would appreciate any additional help you are willing to provide.

P.S. Wouldn't it be easier just to add the other fields to the csv export function?