View Single Post
Well, I think I may have a system that works for me thanks to several suggestions from this thread. It involves viewing by project group, flagging those projects/tasks I want to do today, and switching to the proper corresponding perspective to see today's tasks.

I already have projects/tasks in major groups like 'personal,' 'work,' etc. I have 2 perspectives for each major group, 1 for planning and 1 for context. Planning perspectives show all projects/tasks for a major group and context perspectives show all flagged projects/tasks for a major group. Easy enough. Each day I've been going into the planning perspective for the major group I want to deal with and reviewing/flagging tasks I want to address. I just switch to the context perspective view and I'm set w/ my 'Today' list.

I suppose I'll eventually create a perspective for different combos of flagged items (personal + work, etc), or maybe just one for all groups, but I've been lucky enough to focus on one major group per day so far.

Not sure if this sheds light for anyone but I'm finding it a decent compromise. It helps that I don't use flags for anything else, of course.

T