View Single Post
PROBLEM SOLVED! (I think... of course, after I'd already done this Lizard posted to say I'd done the equivalent of "crossing the streams" in Ghostbusters. Only time will tell.)

I simply made a backup of my DB to the desktop, viewed the contents, opened that single .zip file with "Stuffit Archive Manager" and purged all of the gargantuan embedded files. Once I was done, a 32 MB file had been slimmed down to a mere 228 KB (now 232 KB after modifying an item).

Overall, my sense is that I hit some data-gremlins a while back, and all of these files got sucked into my DB inappropriately. After making this change in the "backup" DB, then reloading that DB as a "Restore", I do not seem to be experiencing strange behavior. Well, not unless you call iPhone sync times that don't stretch on forever "strange".

I think I've had stuff like this in my DB for ages, so I'll see how things go post-cleaning.

Let me know if you guys want any of my DB backup files with the bloat; maybe you can figure out how it happened (or, even better, build in an automatic correction function in a future build!)

Thanks again,

J