View Single Post
Quote:
That is REALLY a problem while designing.
Pardon me, but I was responding to what you had written. You will have to tolerate my terse communication style, I am not a salesman, I am an engineer, just helping out.
Quote:
Don't you find a "problem" shrink a text and an object to the desired size?
(Again, I do not know how to put this, but let me assure you, I am very chilled, looking forward to a promising day ahead.) I understood your problem exactly from the first example, my previous comments stand.

I do not have that PROBLEM at all. I do not go to the butcher for bread, and get upset because he does not have any. Therefore I do not have your PROBLEM when drawing, there is no obstacle. I draw hundreds of architectural diagrams and wire frames. Three totally separate answers.

1 Feature Request
As I have already stated, if you want that feature, lodge a Feature Request. HelpMenu/SendFeedback. I have no use for that feature, so I will not be lodging such a request, or voting for it.

2 Learn the Tool
With one single additional click (assuming you have the Font Inspector open: Command-t), you get what you want, it is no big deal. Hardly worth a FR for me but maybe worth it for you.

Learn the Toolbar, and how each Tool operates. Learn the distinction between:
• a Tool chosen to operate once (one click)
• a Tool chosen to operate multiple times (two clicks) until it is cancelled
• the little down-arrow on the Tool icon (eg. ClearContents)
If you do not like the Font Inspector, you can use the Style Brush (still only one additional click) to get what you want.

Learn the Style:Summary Inspector. It has a "well" for each possible Style property; you can just select it and then select the object to change it. That's the intuitive approach, it is easier than the non-standard interaction you are used to in other programs.

If you do not like the Manuals (there is a very good overview at the beginning), at least go through the Tutorials. Otherwise you sit there going "I can't" and "it won't" and "problem", while someone who took half an hour to understand the Tool has drawn three Wire Frames perfectly.

3 Learn the Task
You are breaking standards all over the place. Eg. Why in heavens name (taking your wireframe example) are you resizing buttons, text boxes and free text (headings) ? It does not reflect what is intended in the software or web page AT ALL, you do not really want web pages with buttons and text boxes of different sizes on the same page, do you? If I was your developer, I would throw the wireframe back at you and ask you to resize everything to standard, so that the web page loads in less than half an hour. Few, standardised headings, boxes, fonts, font sizes, button shapes and sizes; not some uncontrolled number. Second, you need all the pages on the site to have the same look and feel; not each page to be a different set of heading, text and button sizes.

You need to go about the wireframe thoughtfully, keeping in mind all the requirements for the set of drawings:
• one canvas per web page
• first set your canvas size to the webpage size (not to A4, that has nothing to do with it, the screen is not A4 or US Letter)
• use a good stencil, and draw the entire web page.
• Never change the size of objects (such as buttons and text boxes), unless you want to create pages from Hell.
• use any magnification that is relevant to the drawing while drawing (but I prefer to use the same magnification across all the frames)
• standardise your user interaction across all the webpages on the site: choose a scale, etc. Still no change to the object size from the stencil. Otherwise you have a mess. Each web page does not exist in isolation from the others.
• now you have a set of web pages that relate to each other, and are drawn consistently.
• Last, for printing the wire frames. This step will also be reduced if you have standardised. Go to the Canvas:Size Inspector and choose a PrintScale that is suitable for each canvas, separately, just for convenience, so that the web page fits nicely on an A4 page or pages. There is a Fit button, so you do not have to figure the scale out.
• you might want two renditions (I often do): the entire web page on a single A4 Portrait for overview; and the web page on two A4 Landscape for detail, at the same PrintScale for all web pages.
• Note, you did not change any objects in the drawing. As the project progresses, you can keep the set of drawings up to date without wasting time forever changing object and text sizes.
• Note the feature of scaling the text label with the shape was not used. It should remain the same size (from the stencil; otherwise fix the stencil).

Last edited by DerekAsirvadem; 2010-05-16 at 05:13 PM..