View Single Post
I'm using DropVox, which is an excellent voice memo app. Opens directly to recording mode, uploads to Dropbox. Then I basically have a folder actions script that imports the audio files to Omnifocus.

The audio recording is infinitely better than Omnifocus's current implementation when I'm in a hurry, and my script at home works brilliantly -- in a matter of seconds, my Macbook has imported the file to OF... but the darn thing is unplayable on OF for iPhone! So while I can open the file on OF for Mac when I get back home, I'm stuck with an audio file that is completely unusable on OF for iPhone.

Nothing uses the .caf format -- it seems like a very silly choice. At least if OF could use .mp3 or .mp4 or wav or aac I could use some kind of converter. Or at the very least, OF iPhone could give me the option to "open in another program." But all it does (AFAICT) is... nothing. Click on any other audio filetype all you want, .caf is all it likes.

Bah, I just attached a random .caf file via OF Mac and synced, and that won't play on OF iPhone either. I guess it has to be recorded on the device to work?