View Single Post
While I agree 100% that it isn't desirable to work out of the Inbox, I do find the nature of OmniFocus' ubiquitous capture to be such that the filling of the Inbox is much easier than the emptying :-)

At those times when it isn't going to be practical to completely empty it (and let's face it, not everything that goes into the Inbox is of equal importance or urgency) it is helpful to have the sorting tools available for getting as much processed as possible. For example, a sort by name will coalesce all of my reading tasks into one contiguous block of actions where they can either be dealt with en masse or be out of the way as I look for other, more pressing items to process. Similarly, sorting by start or due date allows me to screen for items where I had entered a date when capturing. When I'm done "shaking the box" I prefer to restore the original ordering (date added), especially now that the new Omni mail dropbox stuffs newly added actions in near the front of the Inbox to avoid a bug (can't take the time to actually fix the bug, the long-delayed OmniFocus 2.0 is suddenly too important). I do most of my OmniFocus activity on the iPad, but Inbox processing is largely a job for the Mac because of the richer toolset.