View Single Post
FWIW, I'm using PadSync (http://www.ecamm.com/mac/padsync/). Here's how it works ...

I have a few OmniOutliner documents I want to keep synced between my iPad and my Mac. These outlines were in my ~/Documents folder when I dragged them into PadSync, which works sort of like iTunes, except it automatically keeps files synced.

The OO docs I dragged from ~/Documents immediately showed up on my iPad.

When I edited the documents on the iPad and synced back to the Mac, the changed documents were not in ~/Documents ... they were in the ~/Application Support/PadSync folder (because that's where PadSync stores them). The original versions in my ~/Documents folder were un-changed.

Since Lion hides the Library folder, and I want easy access to these outlines on my Mac, I've gone into the Application Support/PadSync folder, created aliases, and moved those aliases into my ~/Documents folder. Now, when I want to access my documents on my Mac, I just go into my Documents folder and click on the aliases.

The nice thing about PadSync is that whenever I sync the iPad to the Mac, PadSync automatically copies the most recently-changed file onto the other device.

So if anyone's looking for easy syncing (until iCloud comes out), here's one way.