View Single Post
I hope I didn't come across too harsh, or inadvertently prevented my post from being taken seriously. But perhaps a little exasperation is understandable the third time I describe issues in as many years.

These are issues which annoy me every single time I use Omnigraffle, which I have used nearly every single day for the last 3 years. Every person I've converted to Omnigraffle have agreed with me on at least some of them. (No. 6 generally gets mentioned in bafflement within a week.) Every time I look at the release notes, I see only new features that are irrelevant to me and fixes for bugs I have never experienced. Are there really more users who care about those? Am I such an atypical user?

Yes, there are software companies with whom any attempt at communication is futile (say, Apple or Microsoft.) And as you say, Omni is not one, and Omni staff are very helpful on these forums. I was not ascribing malice or stupidity to them in my post, but I do question Omni's commitment to continually improving the application and keeping core customers satisfied.

It would be great if, as you suggest, Omni could publish the most popular feature requests, and perhaps let users vote on them. You can be sure it's currently only a small minority of customers who take the trouble to email support or post on the forum.