View Single Post
lol.... I forgot about the cultural differences about numbering the floors. Thanks :-D

I'll bet that if OmniFocus gets customizable columns and tags, it'll be more flexible and adaptable to different task management systems. With this in place, OF will probably be usable to folks who don't really follow the GTD dogma.

Many new users to OF may be intimidated by the GTD-oriented nature of OmniFocus and will shy away from it after exhausting the trial period. It appears that folks are clamoring for OF Lite because they just want a task management program that is fast and easy to set up without getting into GTD. GTD by itself is a monster to learn/adapt. I know it took me a good two years before I actually felt comfortable with all the pieces of GTD.

I do like Pocket Informant's ability to switch between Toodledoo, Franklin-Covey, and GTD by showing or hiding the relevant categories for their system (context, location, priorities, A1...B1....C1, etc.). Some columns are used by one task management system but not the other.

I'm looking forward to the mythical OF 2.0 with its much-sought-after tags and/or customizable columns. Maybe this will appeal to folks who are looking for OF Lite. Users would be able to create/show/hide the relevant columns that applies to their task management system. Maybe OF 2.0 will have some pre-designed task management system templates for folks who like to use other systems like AutoFocus, Do-It-Tomorrow, Franklin-Covey, ToodleDo, and others. Having a system template might help jumpstart newbies into using OF. Otherwise, OF seems to be designed specifically with GTD in mind and it takes a bit of work to adapt it to other systems.

It would probably be best to send an e-mail to OmniGroup and make a shout-out for customizable tags and/or customizable columns. Hopefully that will shoot those feature requests even further up their already tall order of feature requests for OF 2.0.

Last edited by wilsonng; 2010-12-26 at 03:54 AM..