View Single Post
I've been considering this issue a lot lately. I really like the idea of GTD, but I'm not that great at keeping up with it: as soon as I have too many things to worry about, I stop putting time into maintaining my system, and everything fails. I know that this is illogical, and putting the time in would actually make things more likely to work out OK, but I can't seem to think that when I'm drowning under deadlines.

Hence, I present a GTD app mockup that forces you to stick with it.

Key features:
  • The Process step every morning, and the Review step every week, are done in full screen modes, and they lead you through all the things you have to do to maintain your task management system.
  • These modes start automatically the first time you use your computer on a given day. (I know that's probably not for everyone, but I'm describing my ideal app here!)
  • When you're actually working, the app shrinks to a bar at the top of the screen, showing the current task and a few options. That way there's no temptation to fuss with the list when you should be working.
  • It has a built in email client, which shows you each email as part of the processing stage, and makes you decide whether it needs actions adding.

Comments are welcome. I know this app wouldn't be for everyone, but for me it would be great for helping me keep my task system up to date.

Amorya