View Single Post
Thanks for reading my post and your comments. Actually I haven't purchased Omnifocus yet. I am trying to decide between it and 2Do, and possibly also Things as a third choice.

I have a few follow-up questions, if you don't mind.

You wrote "Omnifocus can group sub-tasks as sequential (one after the other) or parallel (any one at any time)."

So do you need to enter a due date or start date or such thing for each task, so that OF can organize them? In general is organizing tasks with respect to a timeline a key concept to using Omnifocus?

I think it was the U + I method that I remember. This rings a bell. It was back in the 90's when I went to the seminar.

I am still unclear about what contexts are. Are they a GTD concept? It seems like they are supposed to be physical things which must be present in order to accomplish a task (i.e.: a person, place or thing) Is this correct?

If so, perhaps in OF I would make contexts such as:
@Overseas
@Home in Canada
@Mom's Town

But then how would i prioritize tasks within these contexts ... does OF even allow prioritization of tasks?

Probably the key question I am trying to resolve is do I need tags, so that I can categorize tasks in multiple ways. I don't yet understand why OF doesn't allow tags or multiple contexts.