View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
I was planning on using Dan's "Defer" script to ask for how long to defer it. I always like to defer from the current date; it's less thinking involved when trying to crank through a list.
The logic in there now is very similar to the older version of Dan's script that I run, assuming you choose the option to adjust both start and due dates (which is what I do). Most of my deferring is just moving repeating actions to the same time next week, though now that someone finally wrote this script maybe I'll start using it :-)
Quote:
What is the "o" for in oTask? Is it for "on"?
Onomatopoeic :-)

Nah, I inherited it from Rob's code fragment, you'd have to ask him. Output? Original? I don't like to have names that are too similar to predefined names, and prefer not to rely on remembering rules (not a "language lawyer"!) about picky details. Is "Task" different than "task" in Applescript? In all cases? No such worries with "oTask"! I think I've probably read more of Rob's Applescript than anyone else's, so some of his style may have rubbed off on me, especially the part about writing scripts for others instead of focusing on one's own work at times :-)