View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
I tend to separate such calendar reminders from the actions I add to the "next action" lists, and I use OF for the latter.
So you add your next actions to OF and reminders about some/all of them in the calendar? I think that's not in line with your signature, neither with GTD ;-)

Quote:
I would object to the idea of putting actions with a due date into the calendar, since I have many actions that have a due date but are not meant to be entirely done or even done on that date.
Again: only actions which must be done on a certain day belong into the calendar. Everything else belongs into the next action list where you choose your next action based on context, available time, energy etc.

Quote:
However, a simple solution would be to have a check box next to the due date entry box that designates an action as a reminder and synched to the calendar.
No please. Keep OF as simple as possible. Sync tasks with due dates to the calendar where they belong. If no time, but only a date is set, make them all day events. Let the user choose which calendar he wants the tasks go in. And - if it's really needed by many - have an option to sync all tasks to the task-list.

Tim