View Single Post
rogbar: I have a similar situation, and I use contexts - not projects.

First, I use GTD principles and many suggestions from David Allen, including the use of "People Agendas" as a context. Under the context of "People Agendas," I have a sub-context for each person I need to deal with regularly - people working for me, my boss, and my peers. Then, under each person's sub-context, I have a sub-sub-context of "Waiting For" which is set to On Hold status. So, in my context side bar it looks like this:
@PeopleAgendas (active status)
.....@Brown (active status)
..........@WaitingFor (on hold status)
.....@Clarke (active status)
..........@WaitingFor (on hold status)

Second, how I use it is two-fold. Items or tasks that I wish to discuss with Brown, for instance, are assigned the "Brown" sub-context. Tasks that I have already assigned or delegated to Brown that I am waiting for him to get back to me on are assigned the "Waiting For" sub-sub-context under "Brown." So when I get a chance to talk with Brown (who actually happens to be my boss), I can focus on the Brown sub-context and see both the items I want to discuss with him plus the items he promised to get back to me on.

For me, it's an excellent way to keep all the items / tasks relative to a specific person gathered together ready for our next meeting. This also allows me to keep all of the person's items separated into those that are currently my responsibility (under "PeopleAgendas:Brown" which is an active context) and those that are the person's responsibility (under "PeopleAgendas:Brown:WaitingFor" which is an on hold context).

Last edited by dpvanwormer; 2010-04-06 at 02:15 PM..