View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
Apple just built a billion dollar data center in NC.
<sarcasm>
Yes, and according to the "press", wait I mean people who have access to web publishing (and because we all know what Apple is going to do), it is going to solve all problems that Apple has for ever and ever:

The NC data center is going to magically make MobileMe not suck, and everything will be free, and it have a new online app suite that beats Google Docs, and it is going to provide free 5G wireless service to everybody nationwide (why offer 4 when 5 is so much better). Additionally by year's end, the new NC data center is even going to turn all of our iPad 2 displays into retina display iPads. The Apple NC data center will also, for the first time in the company's history, allow Apple to stream every single movie and TV show ever produced in the history of all time.

Because the NC data center is cool, Apple has found a way to offer all of these great and innovative services at no cost to end users.

The NC data center solves all
</sarcasm>

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
They, of all companies, get the cloud ...EDIT... thing.
That has certainly not been my experience and observation. If anything, I think "cloud services" is the one thing Apple has never really understood or executed well.

Last edited by joelande; 2011-05-20 at 08:16 AM..