View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlaefer View Post
For example the missing area highlight (sidebar/main view) and the collapse behavior or the little tiny triangles drive me crazy too.
I'm having a hard time imagining how this supposed sidebar/main view highlighting would look. I can't think of a single application where this is done. Like Brian stated above, this seems to be a missing feature in the Cocoa framework. Schlaefer, can you explain how it would look, or better yet, name an application where you've seen it done?

As for the collapse behavior of the disclosure triangles, I don't really have a problem with the current implementation. But then, I've used OmniOutliner for years, so maybe I'm just used to it. Anyway, I usually navigate using the keyboard, using right and left arrow to collapse/expand nodes.

There may be room for improvement, but a large part of Matt Neuburg's fuss over the triangles just doesn't seem like a real world issue. Who sits there toggling the node open and close over and over again like that? I mean other than Matt Neuburg and us, that is. :D

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-05-02 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: Fixed grammatical errors – must have been tired