View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stapler View Post
The remote database appears to have been reset and is no longer able to reach transaction identifiers ( jrUXMuzjXOt ).
Sorry for the confusion on our end! This is actually a different error message from the we've been working on the last few days, which was "Client with identifier [foo] only refers to identifiers that are not locally reachable".

I've been looking into this for the last few hours, and so far I'm only able to reproduce this error ("The remote database appears to have been reset...") is by using a different client to revert the server's database from an earlier backup. When I do that I get that error logged to my Console, along with a prompt to "Replace your database and start syncing?"

And if I respond to that prompt with "Sync", it copies the database from the server and sync seems to work for me from that point on.

Does that match what you're seeing? (I assume not, but could you tell me how what you're seeing is different?)

I suppose one possibility is that something else is reverting your server database without OmniFocus being involved. (iDisk syncing has been known to do this, for example.) If you're syncing to your iDisk and change your iDisk sync URL to use your Backup folder (https://idisk.me.com/USERNAME/Backup/), does that help? (iDisk syncing skips over the Backup folder, so using that folder prevents it from interfering with OmniFocus' syncing.)

Thank you very much for your help, and I'm sorry for the problems! I'm headed off to a wedding reception now, but I'll be checking in again this evening to see if anyone has provided more information that can help me track this down further.