View Single Post
I LOVE OmniFocus for my iPhone, iPad, and Mac! One of the 5 phases of getting things done is "Capture" it is imperative that you have the ability to quickly capture things directly to inbox with minimal fuss. In the past I've used a Levenger pocket briefcase and note cards because it was quicker to pull out a note card and jot down a note than to open an app on my phone and click new item.

Ideally there would be a "Capture" icon on my iPhone homescreen that would take me instantly to the "Quick Entry in Inbox" action. Turns out this is totally doable!

If you type omnifocus:///add into mobile safari it takes you right to that screen. The hard part was figuring out how to make an icon on the desktop that links to that url.

Just click the link below and then, click "share" icon(the box with the arrow) and select "Add to Homescreen"

Special Thanks to lightstorm for providing and hosting the icon.

Thanks to DrJJWMac for telling me about the problems on ipod touch which pushed me to find this solution, and thanks to psidnell for helping with testing.

Thanks to the guys at http://ishortcuts.org I was able to figure it out how to make the link work.

When you click your "Quick Entry" icon it will take you to the Inbox Quick Entry!

Let me know if this is helpful in the comments!

To The Omni Group: Thankyou so much for your awesome software! If I've overstepped my bounds in using your art in the icon please let me know and I'll remove it right away. You guys Rock!

My site moved to a host that doesn't allow php, so I'm looking for someone to host the images and php files. I found a temp solution, but looking for something more permanent.

Please pm me if you have a place to host this.

Last edited by pastorhudson; 2012-08-08 at 07:09 AM..