View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by balzercomp View Post
Here are the scripts as they are posted in source in this thread.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/309553/Project%20Scripts.zip

This is only for those that have no experience with AppleScript-Editor.

Cheers

Gerald
Thank you guys so much for the work you have invested into these scripts! They really are amazing. Before I found these scripts my supporting documents structure was a joke, and these really show a lot of promise. Sadly they still don't quite make that system perfect. While I have played around with Applescript, my skills are very elementary, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

My main issue is that I use my folders for prioritization, so I move my projects around quite a bit. Due to this structure, every time I move a project from my "pending" folder to my "current" folder (or something similar, I have several folders) the path for the Project Notes script is broken. I know that this is because I am moving the project around from place to place. However, whenever a project is just at the "Library" folder level, both scripts work beautifully.

So my question is as follows: is there a way to make the scripts find the project regardless of which folder it is in? Could I move my "Fix Sink" project from "Pending" to "Current" and still be able to access the associated OO document via the Project Notes script?

If that were impossible, is there a way that I could amend the Project Folder script so that the associated .OO3 file is attached to to the notes section of the project? Then, all I would have to do to create a supporting folder and .OO3 document is run the script, and all I would have to do is expand the notes to find the support document for that project. This would be awesome.

Does anyone with some scripting abilities know how I could accomplish either one of these goals? Any help would be greatly appreciated!