Thread: Durations
View Single Post
Hello

I have searched the forum, and found a few threads on this topic, but none that I have found have answered it specifically to my enquiry.

I have an event that opens on the 14th July and closes on the 29th September (11 weeks or thereabouts)

I have set the project granularity to daily.

I have not assigned resources, as all I need to produce at this stage is a Gantt chart. I have changed my working week to 7 days a week, 12 hours a day (no lunch break). Reason for this is that we will have crew working on the project on a Sunday - or generators delivered on a Saturday for example.

So I bet you know what I am going to say ! As soon as I change the working week to 7 days - the duration goes all wrong.

My 11 week project shows a duration of 24 weeks and 1 day and 7 hours (haven't got a clue where that 7 hours comes from !!) I know that clicking on the icons next to the effort v duration field fixes one of them, but if I am entering fixed start and end dates (ie event open, event close - that never changes), then how do I get that duration showing correctly ?

I know this is not a bug, I have obviously set things up wrongly / am going about it the wrong way.

But can come one help ? I nearly booked 24 weeks worth of air conditioning when I only need 11 at £1,500 p/week !

Many many thanks,

Andrew