View Single Post
I use the Waiting context for items in a project that I am waiting on for whatever reason. I leave the Waiting context On Hold like it comes out of the box. It becomes my Waiting For list.

As an example, If I have 3 things that I will do but I can't do them till something gets done that I am waiting for, I create an action group in the project and set it to sequential. The first action will be something like 'Bill to unplug the automatic blendifier' and I place that in the Waiting context. Then I place the three things I need to do after this one. This puts the whole mess on hold and off my lists till I mark the first action that I am waiting for complete. This is really handy for the stuff that you remember that you need to do when the project is complete. Make a 'Project to be complete' action assigned to the Waiting context.

I also use a Someday/Maybe single action list that is set to On Hold to capture single actions. I set my 'Someday' projects to On Hold. So if I set the Project Filter to On Hold then I get a list all of my 'Someday/Maybe' projects and actions. It's working pretty well for me so far.

Last edited by sriggs; 2009-11-08 at 06:31 AM..