View Single Post
I've gotta say that I agree with Imsboy - at least, I think I do.

I use OmniFocus primarily at work (I don't have that many projects on tap around the house, and have a hard time using a computer - or even my iPhone for that matter - as a project management system at home), and the way I have things set up currently have the projects more as the mindset I need to be in to do the project. Because of this, the majority of my projects are parallel - and of the ones that are sequential, most of the actions within the project don't have a specific due date.

For example, right now, some of my projects are:
Need to call (issues I need to discuss with someone the next time I'm on the phone with them)
Recurring To-Dos (semi-general use, mostly items that are set up to repeat every few hours, every day, etc)
Ordering (for reminders of Purchase Orders I need to write and/or submit)
Projects (this should probably be the "Someday" folder I see you guys talking about)

Within these projects, I have a lot of actions - including quite a few repeating actions that are set to start every few hours. Most of them are not dependent on anything else except me being in the right frame of mind to do them and having the appropriate chunk of time to get them done.

Additionally, I live in the "Available" view, as it helps me to gain a bit of sanity - I use start dates to keep stuff that I don't need to work on out of my view.

Because of the repeating tasks I use (which don't show up until the proper amount of time has elapsed since the last time I did that action), I've wished that as soon as they become available to do, they would pop into the list based on when they are due. So, for example, something that I can't do until noon (like waiting for someone on the west coast to get to work) but has to be done by 12:15pm would pop to the top of the list in that project, rather than be buried depending on where OF thought I sorted it to when I created it.

Not sure that all makes sense (and man, this post is longer than I meant it to be!), but maybe that explains one of the reasons that this behavior would be beneficial to some of us.

Thanks!