View Single Post
I've been trying folders as well, and it works for organizing the higher level planning, but it's not as effective for me in getting to the data I need. I think what most of the tag / people contexts are asking for is a dynamic way to get to a list of actions given a different environments.

If I'm not ready to focus on a large task or don't have time before the next meeting, maybe I want to pull up my @email list and get going. At the same time my boss or direct report may drop by my cube. It is entirely possible that something in the @email list is for them, and I may be able to get rid of it right there, but I would have to search through the list.

Having either a tag or second context for people would allow me to quickly pull up my list. Asking them to hang on a minute while I try to figure out what I have for them is just less efficient. Sure, it can be done, but it doesn't support the fast and flexible nature of software over paper lists or using something like a text file.

I've been using OF on Mac, iPhone, and iPad and could not live without it at this point. But I think this is minor functionality that could make it much better. I would also support the ability to hide tags / second contexts for those purists in this thread that don't find it useful. Again, it's software, that's an easy compromise that would make both groups happy and productive.