Thread: Phishing filter
View Single Post
I'd like to see this feature in version 6

The problem with education is that people have already had a chance and these things are happening. Do I think omniweb users are vulnerable? I think they are probably some of the least vulnerable users around (based on browser choice I think they are already pretty cluey). However I think this is going to become basic browser functionality. If your tired and not thinking properly and you do something stupid it does protect you as a last line of defense.

The argument about privacy and paypal and co wanting your browser history. I think PayPal/Ebay wants to reduce fraud as it is costing them money and this is where intent is coming from. The providers of these services have there own reasons .They could be trying to protect themselves (MS I believe offers something and that is to protect its user bases, Google probably has a host of reasons, make money somehow someday? )

I do believe that people should be able to use these services without being tracked so to speak. (In the interium maybe omni could provide a button to the system preferences where one can enter proxy settings for http like safari)