View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcvs
But Omniweb? I mean - come on! The site prefs are clever, neat, whatever. Workspaces, sure sure. But when gmail doesn't even work properly...? They're web developers, right? So how can they not know how common folk want to use the web?

Before deploying such a hyped-up application, and especially from such a professional developing team as omnigroup, run throgouh testing of the most common web apps.

Sorry for the bashing, but when everything else they produce is so excellent, such a bomb is simply upsetting.
OmniWeb was deployed before the Google founders were out of college, long before Google was created and long before Gmail was envisioned. Most of the technologies that Gmail uses didn't even exist when OmniWeb was deployed.

There's been a lot of updates since its deployment. There's also a lot of quirks with Gmail which cause it to not work with with Apple's own Web Kit. Heck, I have yet to find a browser that works well with Gmail. IE7 & FF2 both have issues with Gmail.

Sure OmniWeb has more than some, but Google is continually releasing updates to Gmail, some of which don't work right in browsers. Gmail is still in beta, after all.

I assume you've searched the forum and mailing list to discover some of the reasons Gmail doesn't play well with OW, and some of the tweaks one can do to make it work better, right?