View Single Post
Sure wilsonng, I've got all that and more, and that is still not enough. For work I've got 5 customers with each 3 or more subprojects for work, and for my private folder I've got 8 roles with each 5+ projects. I would like have an additional level to figure out the stuff I need to do this week, on wednesday, etc. That's were multi-coloured flags come in (green for monday, red for tuesday, blue for weekends, brown for evenings; yellow for unimportant stuff I would like to do anyway this week; each colour representing some ad hoc grouping or block of time).

On monday I sit down and review everything, and would like to assign blocks of tasks to a day, tentatively. When a customer calls and all hell breaks loose I can se what was scheduled for that day.

I don't keep anything in my head. I have a creative brain, not one with shelfs and binders. I work out of OF exclusively. Any idea or hunch goes straight into my inbox, and at the end or the start of the day I move all inbox items to were they belong.

That's why I don't care about the colour and shape of a dialog box, but do care deeply about an extra dimension in the database.

For now I've got my solution: A set of simple scripts (*) that allow adding a marker ({1}, etc.) to each action, and provides a perspective to show only those. That in combination with spending two hours understanding all the options in the perspectives options has given me the tool to slice and dice some more. It looks like it works, but just so.

(*) See the other thread I am ranting in on task prioritisation: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...&postcount=343