View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
No thanks.

I don't see why people need so many damn tabs open. I can usually get everything done with 4 or 5. The rest is for bookmarks.
I often have 200+ tabs open in a given workspace (243 at the moment). I spend a lot of time away from internet access, so OW's ability to keep track of what I had open last time is a big boon. I can load up quite a bit of reading material for various projects and work on it during what would otherwise be unproductive time. For example, I've got 40 or 50 different tabs right now full of recipes that I'm contemplating for dinner over the next month or two. Probably 80% of them won't be used, so I don't want to go to the trouble of saving them to disk and having to clean them up later. I switched to OmniWeb primarily because I like the way it handles this working style.

I tend to organize my tabs by using separate windows. Maybe I'm just not imaginative enough to see how wonderful this proposal would be, but I'm not sure I'd get a lot of mileage out of some sort of automatic organization scheme.