View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim Lewis
We don't really have build numbers, although we sometimes call some of the internal version numbers "build numbers" out of habit. We also don't have an exhaustive table of which numbers correspond to which, though we can look those things up if we need to.

Why do you want to know? Maybe there's an easier way to do what you're trying to do.
It would be useful at the moment, for instance. With the current OW5.6 sneaky-peeks, on the 28th June I installed "OmniWeb-5.6-r88432-Alpha"; "About OmniWeb" reported "OW5.6 b4" as being installed. Today, I downloaded "OmniWeb-5.6-r88516-Alpha" and installed it ... apparently. "About OmniWeb" still reports "OW5.6 b4" with the same build number, I believe (v611) ... at least that's the impression I get. I'll have to keep an eye on that, 'cos currently I have no idea if the new version has actually installed or not as it's not coming up as b5.

If I send you feedback, how do I let you know which version of b4 I am running, given that this latest update doesn't seem to have changed the version number.

Mark