View Single Post
I agree with the above, I have many perspectives which I switch between throughout the day. No one perspective does everything.

I start my day with a daily checklist perspective, this pushes tasks from three separate checklist projects which trigger at different times of the day. My morning checklist sets me up for the day. The perspective drip feeds the tasks to me one at a time as I work through them.

After my morning checklist comes my Waiting For perspective. I review all the things I'm waiting for and I can flag the ones I want to chase up today.

I then have a Due (unflagged) to show the important tasks I haven't flagged yet. I can quickly review this and flag the ones that I should or want to try to complete today.

I then switch into my Morning Meeting perspective. This lists agenda's for all the people I know I will come into contact with shortly at the morning meeting. This perspective also shows me tasks I have set to the relevant contexts, such as things I need to bring up in the meeting. Some of these tasks will be closed off during the meeting and others will be flagged for additional work today.

By now I'm two hours into my day and only now can I actually start work properly. So I switch to one of my two Flagged and Due perspectives. One shows me by due date, the other by context. I normally work from the context one now. Although I use the due date one to pick the oldest tasks where possible.

If I get all of these done, which doesn't always happen, I move on to my Due perspective to see if I can close out any of these. Some get flagged for tomorrow's important list, others will hopefully get done.

I then switch into my "flagged only" tasks to try and pick off any before they become due.

Towards the end of the afternoon I switch back to my checklist context to be presented with my end of workday checklist. This is again drip fed to me one at a time.

All of the above perspective's only focused on projects and tasks stored in my work folder. I have a separate folder for Home projects and tasks. As I'm leaving work I switch to one of my home perspectives. This shows me errands as well as tasks associated with family members etc. i.e. things I might be able to do on the way home.

Later in the evening I switch back to the Checklist perspective to follow my evening checklist. Here I do things such as review the day, check my calendar and flag tomorrows important tasks.

I also use several other perspectives throughout the day, and I also jump in and out of several context views as I see fit.

Last edited by Cypher; 2013-04-14 at 10:01 AM..