View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Just to clarify that - Apple doesn't do anything about crash reports for third party apps. One assumes that they must do something with crash reports for Apple apps.

FWIW, there is also nothing to stop you from sending the default system crash reports to developers yourself (just open the Report when the crash dialogue appears and copy/paste it to an e-mail, or view the log in Console and send it via e-mail).
It is not convenient for lazy types like me :) In fact it is not convenient for end users, some people have never seen their crash reports log directory in their lives.

You know what? If Omni's own crash reporter was freely available to (freeware/opensource) developers, it is the most paranoia free way of reporting crashes to developers since it is sending via plain e-mail. I would also add the excellent Omni software update check.

I heard Apple really cares to share when a third party App makes horrible wrong use of a Framework and there is a risk of system wide crash because of that.