View Single Post
CarbonFin Outliner manages to handle Drag & Drop, Indent/Outdent very well indeed.

http://carbonfin.com/

I can create large, complex outlines with 50+ entries in a matter of minutes. Yes it also lets you hit Return on ipad keyboard and you get a new line under your last entry (at the same level of indent... exactly like OF for Mac). I can drag and drop entries from any level of indentation to any other level.

If Omni implemented similar functionality in their iPad OF... it would be a hell of a lot better IMO.

They should ditch the god-awful UI setup they have right now and think along the lines of CarbonFin.

Yeah, I know its an outliener and not a GTD client, but GTD clients should have outliner functionality at their core. As it is... OF for iPad is pretty much useless.

EDIT: Come to think of it.. Omni are supposed to be working on OmniOutliner for iPad yeah? Hell... they could have combined effort of the outliner code and used the same functionality in both their Outliner and OF.. reducing dev costs and dev time, while providing a unified, coherent UI to their loyal fan base.

Last edited by IceWind; 2010-08-02 at 02:20 AM..