View Single Post
Howiem, don't get me wrong, I've been an OmniFanBoy since I got the first releases of OmniOutliner and OmniGraffle shipped over from the States, that being BI (before internet!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiem View Post
Yup - CarbonFin outliner is pretty damn good. It's simple, fast, intuitive... but it's a much simpler animal than OmniFocus, and doesn't fulfil the needs of those of us trying to do things the GTD way.
Apologies if I implied that CarbonFin Outliner was a replacement for OmniFocus, I was simply observing that this is how I think the OF GUI on the iPad should have been implemented.

IMHO I foresee OmniFocus evolving into a niche product for fundamentalist GTD'ers (although, as I've previously stated and having read DA's book, the purists seem to be in no hurry to ditch their computers and return to pen & paper!) but us neo-GTD'ers want something more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiem View Post
Gotta stay on the forums and argue for what you need, though :)
I actually can't see the point, anymore. It doesn't really seem to make any difference. The only time I've had any success has been where I had a legal threat backing me, and that could have just been coincidence, although the feature was fixed in the next release, after almost a year of other Members requesting it on the Board.

However, I'm always truly impressed by the level of support offered by Omni and remain in awe of the generosity of Members in giving so freely of their time and experience.

In the last week or so, FileMaker Go has been released and (admittedly under pressure from colleagues) I've been testing it and have been blown away with how fantastic it is (my expectations were based on Bento!). I've agreed that in the next month we will use a standard GTD FileMaker template and test out a large project. If it's successful, we'll hire a developer for a few weeks to tweak the template to give us any additional features we need.

With the release of, what I consider, a deeply flawed OmniFocus for iPad, I honestly can't find it in myself to defend OF to my team again in the hope that Omni will eventually refine OF into something good. Sorry. :(

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-08-02 at 07:34 AM..