View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I don't know if this helps at all, but for the most part I use start dates (and I use them a lot-much more than due dates) as the day and time that I want the task/project to get my attention. That's not always, not even usually, the same as when I want to begin the task or when I can begin the task. Using the example of buy paint at 9:00 am today when the store opens, I would probably have set the start date and time to yesterday at 6:00 pm when I am planning my routine for the following day. The important criteria for me is when do I need for this to come into my radar? Once I answer that question, I have my start date and time.
I understand what you're saying... so "Start Date" ends up meaning "the date I want to take notice of this action"... maybe I can make that work; the downside is that if, say, I have one action that I think will take my whole day (start date today 9am) and another action set with a start date of tomorrow at 9 am and I get done early with my first action, the second action won't automatically show up and I'll have to go and "fudge" the start date (or remove it) in order to get it to show up...

Maybe I'll just use the notes of the task (or something) to hold my intended start date, don't actually put anything *in* the Start Date field, and then use Next Actions... (unless there's a better suggestion, of course)